This store requires javascript to be enabled for some features to work correctly.


Caraccioli Escholle Vineyard Brut Rosé 2016, Santa Lucia Highlands, Monterey Co., CA

  • $70.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.

A family run winery, Caraccioli Cellars takes pride in developing wines that deliver an expression true to vintage and site. Founded in 2006, Caraccioli Cellars’ commitment starts in the vineyard through our utilizing solely Santa Lucia Highlands’ grapes. Each secondary fermentation lasts nearly four years, with a additional year of aging on the cork for a proper marriage between the cuvee and dosage.

  • Winemaker: Michel Salgues
  • Farming: Sustainable Certified
  • Variety: Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
  • Terroir: Escolle Vineyard is 124 acres of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grounded in the northern Santa Lucia Highlands.
  • Vinification: All sparkling lots are processed in four ton press loads, which is optimal when using the Coquard PAI Gravity Press. Light whole cluster pressing and only use the first 120 gallons/ton. The cuvée begins fermentation in stainless steel tanks utilizing a specific yeast strain chosen specifically for their sparkling project. 20% of the wines finish primary fermentation in neutral French oak barrels, while the remaining 80% undergo similar oak aging once the primary fermentation is complete. The total time on oak is approximately two months. Due to the extremely low pH, the wines never undergo malolactic fermentation.
    The cuvée is racked back to tank and 1% still red wine is added to showcases
    the bright red fruit and Pinot Noir character of Escolle. 
  • Aging: The Brut Rosé is left to age sur lies for four years. Riddled and disgorged in house, the wine ages on cork for an additional 12 months prior to release. 
  • Tasting Note: Eye catching coral; minuscule, persistent bubble head with a full pronounced mousse. Ripe tangerine zest, Meyer lemon, and honeycomb with hints of toasted meringue. Notes of juicy strawberry, ripe peach pit and flowering hibiscus tea. Vibrant acidity on the front palate, soft and round throughout showcasing notes of freshly picked white peach, kiwi, strawberry, and sugared lime. Graceful, long fruit finish leaving subtle tastes of key lime and strawberry.
  • Critic's scores:  93 pts Vinous